What is SEO and Why it is Important?
Topic: SEO | By Lex data
What Is Included?
- What is SEO?
- Why is it Important?
- How does it work?
- How does a search engine work?
- What is the status of a search engine?
- Three Core Components for better Visibility:
- How Do You Improve Your Ranking
- How do you Rank Faster?
- Techniques of SEO
- Parts of SEO
- Important Factors
- Types of SEO
- Search Engine Optimization: How Lex Data’s experienced SEO team can help?
What is SEO?
SEO stands for search engine optimization, which is the process of optimizing your online content, website, videos, blogs etc. to rank higher in search engines and to get organic traffic onto your website and blogs.
Why is it Important?
You may often wonder when you search online for a specific question, or query on google, Bing, Yahoo, etc., why a certain article, or website appears again and again. The answer lies in what is SEO.
It simply means that those websites, blogs, videos that are always there when you search for a particular query are ranking higher and above any other content, blog, and video because they have implemented the SEO and optimized their content.
SEO is important for making your website, blogs, videos, and content more visible on search engines, which may lead to more traffic and more opportunities to generate leads and customers. Your online content must be stunning and relevant, but it will not result in any leads or clients if your content is not optimized.
How does it work?
Google (or any other search engine you use) has an entry that allows you to enter information about everything they find on the Internet. All search engines use Algorithms. Whenever new content is published, that content is crawled, indexed, and ranked by these search engines.
When a person searches for something online, the search engine will try to get the most relevant answer from its database. If your content does not answer the questions searched online, then your content will remain invisible to the majority of people online.
How does a search engine work?
Search engines take several steps to provide search results to know what is SEO?
- Crawling – The process of retrieving all web pages associated with a website is called crawling. This task is performed by a software called google bots or google spider.
- Indexing – the process of indexing all the web pages you submit so that they are kept in a huge database for you to search. Essentially, the indexing process recognizes the words that best describe the page “phrases” that the page assigns to certain keywords.
- Processing – When a search term arrives, it is processed by the search engine. The search engine compares the search string in the search term to the indexed pages in the database.
- Relevance calculation– Since the search string is probably on multiple pages, the search engine starts calculating the relevance to the search string on each page which is indexed.
- Acquisition of Results– This is the last step in search engine activity to get the best matching results.
What is the status of a search engine?
When searching each article using a search engine, it displays thousands of results from its cache. Page rank is determined by the ranking of web pages displayed in search engine results. If the search engine puts you on the first page, then the page rank will be number 1 and will be considered the page with the highest rank.
Three Core Components for better Visibility:
For your content to rank high, the creator of the content needs to understand what is SEO? and how it works, there is no point, writing a long blog, or preparing content including videos that do not involve research to following questions;
- What types of content people want or need?
- How search engines work.
- How to properly promote and optimize your content.
How Do You Improve Your Ranking
Today most people use their mobiles to search or look for content online. It is of utmost importance that your content is responsive, mobile, and tablet friendly, and provides a positive experience to mobile users.
If you are not sure whether your content or website is mobile-friendly? You can use Google Mobile Test to get the verdict. Some other important aspects are listed below;
AMP stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages and is used to deliver content to mobile visitors at a faster rate than without AMP.
With mobile-first indexing, Google and Bing crawl and index the mobile versions of your web pages first. Making your website mobile-friendly is good for your users and your search performance, but mobile-centric indexing happens regardless of mobile device compatibility.
Improving Website Speed
Website speed is one of the Core Google web vital elements. If your website or content does not load faster, under 3 seconds, then it is unlikely that your content will rank. Speed can be improved by “resource minimization”, and bundling.
By reducing and merging the files you can increase the download speed of your content, this will also reduce the number of HTTP requests (files).
How do you Rank Faster?
Generate search clicks:
Imagine sharing a URL on Twitter. Instead of sharing directly with the URL, share your Google search results. People click on the link and you are taken to a Google search result containing the keywords you are trying to rank for, people will search and click on your result.
Target Query deserves to be updated:
When you create new content, it can help you rank faster by choosing terms that Google thinks are worthwhile.
The Leverage URL Structure:
Finally, a top tip. This is what many sites do, and many do not because they are unaware of it. Take advantage of the URL structure. When Google sees new URLs, new pages to index, they still do not have all the signals to rank it.
They have a lot of algorithms that try to guess where it will rank. They have shown in the past that they use URL structures to identify some of them.
Consider that the New York Times puts all book reviews at the same URL, newyorktimes.com/book-reviews. There are many established ranking signals for all of these URLs. When a new URL is published using the same structure, you can assign a temporary signal for proper ranking.
Techniques of SEO:
- White Hat SEO– Techniques that are used according to the search engine guidelines i-e providing quality content to the website.
- Black Hat SEO– Techniques used that violate the rules of search engines to enhance the rank of a website or page i-e keyword stuffing, creating pages with duplicate content, etc.
Parts of SEO:
SEO is carried internally as well as externally;
Internally we see what our website is about? And what should we do with its internal things? And externally we have to do the effort to boost our website or contents reputation.
Internal SEO includes:
- Keyword Research
- Organizing site structure
- Constructing Content
- On-Page Optimization
External SEO includes:
Planning a successful link-building campaign.
The most important factors include the following;
- Content should be relevant and optimized:
Here are a few things that should be kept in mind when developing content;
Keywords are still crucial, but context is more important. Google’s crawlers are now examining the context and finding relevant secondary keywords that share the search secret.
Include clear, keyword-filled titles, Meta descriptions, article attributes, H1 tags, and URLs. These factors tell Google that your content is relevant, and it will help in ranking.
Length is important, but relevance is even more important. Google says, “The amount of content it takes to fulfill a page depends on the content and purpose of the page.”
- Meta Data Matters:
Metadata is the text that appears in the title lines and searches results page.
Optimizing metadata is pretty simple:
- There are no relevant keywords repetitive, but they are not given in the title and description.
- Be brief.
- Be clear and concise, so users know what to expect.
- Acquire Links:
External links are an important aspect of SEO.
- Links act as a “voice” to let Google know that other sites think your content is useful and relevant.
- The more links that are relevant to quality, the more likely your site will be ranked by related keywords.
- In short, links are still at the heart of SEO.
- However, quality is more important than quantity.
- If you’re investing in link building as part of your SEO effort, focus on links from highly authoritative and high-traffic sites.
User Experience (UX) Impacts Rankings:
User experience (UX) plays an important role in ranking your site at Google.
Here are some good practices to follow for knowing that, what is SEO?
- Make sure your page time and CTR are high and your bounce rate is low. These signals are not direct ranking factors, but they indirectly improve your website and bring in high engagement. Happy users, happy Google.
- Simplify your website address. Improve site navigation so that Google users can quickly find the page they are looking for. The “easier, better” approach works perfectly here. Navigation bars, drop-down menus, internal links, and site searches will help.
The speed of the site is very important. Ideally, your site should load in under 3 seconds. Image compression, code and structure optimization, and faster servers will help.
When it comes to voice, there’s a lot of conflicting information out there.
It allows users to search using spoken voice instead of typing that helps users to understand better. So, you should give no. 1 preference to the voice search.
Types of SEO
The various SEO types are:
- Technical SEO
- On-Page SEO
- Content SEO
- Off-Page SEO
- Local SEO
- Mobile SEO
Search Engine Optimization: How Lex Data’s experienced SEO team can help?
- We have successfully assisted businesses of all sizes by providing innovative, user-friendly, and practical IT solutions. We have developed and designed products that convert and delight our business partners and end-users.
- We have helped our business partners to scale and enter new markets. We believe in knowledge, collaboration, and a relentless focus on producing solutions that delight our business partners and end-users.
- We understand our clients and their business needs. We strive to provide reliable IT Solutions.
- Team of Experienced IT professional
- Our Areas of Expertise
- Software Development
- App Development
- Website Development & SEO
- Portals and CRMs
- UI/UX Design
- Digital Marketing
- eCommerce Store
For a free and non-obligatory quote get in touch with us Now.